About the IAPD
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR PRACTICE DOCTORATES, IAPD
The IAPD arranges national and international conferences, seminars and other activities for practitioners working in professional and work-based learning. These events are designed to:
- Help IAPD members make connections between professional practice, professional organisations and higher education, through research activity
- Provide support and continuing professional development for those engaged in doctoral education
- Provide a voice at national and international levels for professional and practice-based doctoral researchers
- Enable members to contribute to policy development for professional and work-based learning, wherever they are based.
The IAPD also provides opportunities to network with communities of practice in order to:
- Raise the standing of professional and practice-led doctoral research
- Open further debate regarding the further development of professional doctorates
- Disseminate good practice.
To download the IAPD flyer, please click here.